We are currently seeking an experienced and aggressive Account Executive to manage Public Sector, K-12, Higher-Ed and State and Local Government (SLED) accounts in the New York Metro territory. The ideal candidate will be located in our New York City Headquarters. The Account Executive will be responsible for developing a territory plan, sales call strategy, and growing new lines of business. The successful candidate will effectively communicate ASI’s value proposition, strategies, services, and products to customers while selling ASI’s full portfolio of offerings. The successful candidate will have the experience and a proven track record of Public Sector IT sales. The Account Executive will be responsible for meeting and/or exceeding individual performance objectives as established by your manager.
- Actively prospect new potential Public Sector accounts and develop established ASI clients through outbound calling methodology within the NY Metro territory
- Creating new relationships at C-Level, NY State Agencies, IT and in procurement, while maintaining existing ones
- New customer acquisition, opportunity to grow and expand the products and solutions sold within our current base as well as build new vendor relationships
- Provide consultation to customers regarding their IT solutions needs.
- Market and leverage our vendor/distribution channel partnerships to ensure best value, pricing and support for customers.
- Pro-actively work with and contact customers and prospects to build SHI’s market share in all accounts within designated territory.
- Work with internal departments to ensure customer transactions are processed accurately and efficiently
- Make telephone and field calls to present ASI’s value proposition to existing and potential clients.
- Set appointments and Onsite Visits to Customers at minimum Quarterly
- Achieve sales goals for revenue and GM
- Ensure that the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system is accurate & up-to-date
- Build customer loyalty and develop your book of business by establishing, expanding, and nurturing relationships with key executive stakeholders and decision makers
- Use your sales acumen to anticipate and overcome customer objections to close sales
- Meet and/or exceed individual performance metrics
- Keep updated on product and industry knowledge
- Understanding of and ability to effectively communicate and develop demand for ASI managed services including onsite installation services, disposal services, etc.
- Well versed in multivendor Hardware and Software solutions
- Attend product training as required
- Provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrate strong people and business leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent in directly related field
- A minimum of 5 years of PS business-to-business experience
- Knowledge and Familiarity with Public Sector customers
- Outstanding skills in sales operations, planning and personnel management
- Strategic and Tactical sales skills
- Demonstrate successful track record of sales achievement with public sector space
- Understands the client procurement processes and knows key decision criteria for winning new and / or maintaining existing business
- Prior E-rate experience is a plus
- Highly competitive and self-motivated with the ability to deliver results quickly
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Independently moves leads through entire sales process
- Excellent communication, presentation and executive presence skills
- Build customer loyalty
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office tools - Outlook, Work, Excel, PowerPoint
To Help You Succeed
- Competitive compensation and commission plan with uncapped commissions
- Largest NY Metro service and support team
- Comprehensive benefits, including Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, and a 401(k)
- 16 paid days off per year and 10 paid holidays per year
- Sales, service, and product training
- Professional sales environment with opportunities for advancement based on performance
As a leading system integrator, ASI builds world-class IT solutions that fit the unique requirements of our customers. Representing the most influential OEMs in the industry, ASI rides on the cutting edge of the technology wave. That is, we know technology, where it's been, and where it's going. The solutions we represent, implement, and support are designed to launch customers from their current state into a more mature IT arena, setting them above competition. We strive to build quality solutions that bring efficiency, effectiveness, and return on investments.
Work location: New York, NY