At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Account Management Teams are responsible for selling TE's products, systems or services, providing detailed technical product information and maintaining relationships with customers in assigned geographic territory, industry or accounts.
What your background should look like:
We are seeking an experienced and savvy Account Manager to join our sales team in a territory assignment that includes Southern California, Arizona. The Account Manager will be a leader, guiding the sales efforts for the Aerospace, Defense & Marine Division of TE Connectivity. In this challenging and rewarding position, you will be responsible for new designs and replacing competitive products at the component and value-added solutions level. You will also interface with customer Purchasing on pricing and contracts, engage with customer Engineering to gain print position, and coordinate with business associates covering contract manufacturers. Key accounts in the territory include Loral Space Systems, Benchmark, Robinson Helicopter, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, ITT Cannon, Marvin Engineering, Richard Manufacturing other military and government OEM and subcontractor accounts.
This is a REMOTE position; the candidate should reside in Southern California area to support the geographic territory-Los Angeles CA area.
• Execute conversion of the engineering pipeline into project wins
• Identify current and future customer needs, and together with the customer find appropriate solutions (using either known or new technologies) for customer applications while promoting TE’s technical and technology portfolio
• Drive the design-in and development of new products and/or platforms
• Become the application expert and discuss new application solution designs with peers to initiate new platforms vs. customer-specific designs in order to maximize the TE profit
• Focus design effort on the high growth and investment products and markets of AD&M
• Generate, prepare and present TE proposals (e.g., product selection, design solutions, product specifications, project objectives) to customers in conjunction with the relevant Product Manager/s, keep the broader market in mind to launch new industry product platforms and in line with the LEANPD process
• Coordinate with Customer Service and Operations to manage delivery and quality scorecard metrics
What your background should look like:
• 1 to 3 years of technical sales is preferred.
• Technical and/or Marketing BS degree required.
• Willingness to travel (40-60%) and a valid U.S. driver’s license
• Possesses highly effective oral/written communication skills and an exceptional ability to adapt quickly to varying work environments
• The successful candidate will encompass the skills to successfully compete, and thrive, in a highly competitive market and possess a strong technical background in electrical interconnect and defense platform selling:
- Strong selling skills
- A solutions-oriented individual capable of looking not only at the component requirement but beyond a value-added assembly solution
- Strong Customer focus throughout all levels of management
- Ability to engage with Development Engineers and Purchasing Representatives.
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
• Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $81,000.00 – 121,600.00 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
• Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
• Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
• A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
Work location: Los Angeles, CA