At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
ACCOUNT MANAGER III
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $16 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today’s increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations – redefining what’s possible using intelligent, efficient, high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 80,000 people, including over 7,000 engineers, partner with customers in over 150 countries across various industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS – www.TE.com.
Sales position responsible for promoting TE products and solutions to IoT customers within Data and Devices. This position is responsible for executing a strategic account plan for profitable growth by leveraging the complete TE portfolio of products, services, and core competencies. This is a leadership position that requires strength in coordinating a sales and engineering support team to ensure a strong partnership is maintained.
- Responsible for growing the sales in the Data and Devices IoT segment by identifying, qualifying, and closing business opportunities in new and existing accounts
- Serve as the primary interface between the customer and TE Connectivity
- Work closely with OEM engineering to develop engineered solutions utilizing TE's existing product portfolio and development capabilities
- Work closely with OEM procurement teams to negotiate opportunities
- Work closely with TE FAEs and System Architects to ensure they are supporting the global customer as necessary to become the preferred supplier
- Develop and maintain relationships at all levels within the customer, including engineering, to position TE as a strategic partner to the customer
- Strength in the assessment of qualified business opportunities
- Maintain a high level of awareness regarding industry trends and competitive activity within the IoT market
- Drive sales growth through the maximization of resources and execution of market segment strategies.
- Effectively communicate with all other team members locally and across regions to promote the customer's business needs.
- Provide management with periodic progress updates, including opportunity funnel, competitor activities, and yearly business plans
- Work in partnership with the TE distribution channel on selected end customers
- Strategic thinking with the ability to execute priorities
The Sales Territory includes the following states: WA, OR, CA, AZ, NV, ID, MT, WY, CO, UT, and NM. It is preferred that the candidate resides in one of the states in the sales territory.
What your background should look like:
- Ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities in line with business plans
- Ability to work with deadlines and challenging targets
- Experience with Electronic components, ideally having worked for a supplier or distributor
- Sales experience in IoT, wireless, semiconductor, modules, interconnect, or adjacent fields
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or technical field
- 5+ years of sales and account management experience
- Must be able to travel and visit customers
Sales Competencies/Key Behaviors:
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting their business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas, quickly makes connections among previously unrelated notions and trends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted, is seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth appropriately and helpfully, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent themself for personal gain.
- Priority Setting: Spends their time and the time of others on what's necessary; quickly zeroes in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside, can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal, eliminate roadblocks, creates focus.
- Problem-Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve complex problems with practical solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at honest analysis, looks beyond the obvious, and doesn't stop at the first answers
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, is constantly and consistently one of the top performers, very bottom-line oriented, steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Functional / Technical Skills: Has the practical and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
• Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $81,900 - $122,900 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
• Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
• Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
• A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
Work location: Los Angeles, CA