Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Retail Cashier is responsible for accurately processing retail merchandise transactions, maintaining the balance of the cash drawer, and providing customer service to guests of the location. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Operates a register and handles cash and credit card transactions
- Greet and assists customers while anticipating their needs
- Count, organize, and balance cash drawer; fill out the cashier slip; and make deposits
- Adheres to cash handling policies and procedures
- Ensures security of company assets
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
- Basic math and counting skills required
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evening and weekends
Work location: Aiken, SC