JOB TITLE : Clerk Cashier
DEPARTMENT : Front End
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Operates a cash register and all the duties which correspond to this activity.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
• Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the associate’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
• Genuinely thanks each customer and invites them back.
• Assists customers by: (examples include)
o escorting them to the products they’re looking for
o securing products that are out of reach
o loading or unloading heavy items
o making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
o performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
• Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
• Operates cash register accurately and scans all products.
• Redeems promotional coupons, WIC checks and rain checks; receives cash, checks, and EBT/EFT transactions; counts back change, issues receipts and Catalina coupons.
• Changes register tape and ribbons as necessary.
• Places merchandise in bags and or cart in a neat, organized fashion.
• Assists courtesy clerks as needed.
• Answers customer questions and concerns and follows-up with appropriate personnel.
• Understands and follows local, state, and company policies on sales of tobacco and liquor.
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines regarding WIC and EBT (Link).
• Required to know value, look-up numbers, department numbers, and features of items for which money is received.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB: (Physical demands outlined on attached PAR sheet)
• Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with multiple variables as they are presented.
• Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
• Have the ability to understand and follow written, verbal or demonstrated instructions, write identifying
information, and request supplies verbally or in writing.
• Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with depth perception,
and field of vision.
• Must be able to work shift varying in length and times, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Title: Cashier-Freehold, NJ-Store 7960
Location: New Jersey-Freehold
Requisition ID: 51878
Work location: Freehold, NJ