The Controller manages Harwood International’s financial reporting and accounting services. They are responsible for the financial reporting and accounting services within Harwood International and its related entities. They ensure that Harwood International’s financial operations and reporting goals and objectives are met.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage accounting processes to ensure optimum results with minimal risk
- Coordinate work flow to utilize staff efficiently while streamlining processes
- Manage Accounting group to include A/P, A/R, fee billings, job cost/TI accounting, cash management, Timberline check-writing software and processing
- Authorized check signer
- Review and serve as payroll back-up
- Coordinate all year-end financial data for audits/tax return preparation
- Manage quarterly consolidation of Harwood Holdings financial data
- Review and prepare all financial statements for Harwood International and Harwood Living
- Review daily cash position
- Plan, fund and track cash transactions, funds and payments
- Review weekly Harwood International/Pre-Dev/Land cash forecast
- Prepare weekly check selection based on cash forecast and payment urgency for weekly cash meeting
- Timberline report writing and revisions
- Set-up new entities, accounts, and reports
- Maintain appropriate system and record security
- Archive system data for easy retrieval while maintaining processing time
- Prepare annual corporate and land/development budgets
- Assist with preparation of operating property budgets and transfer all completed budgets in to Timberline
- Create annual consolidation budget report for Harwood Holdings
- Assist with preparation of annual recovery billing for following year based on budgets
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Creativity / Innovation
- Decision Making / Judgment
- Integrity / Ethics
- Interpersonal Skills
- Job Knowledge
- Budgets / Cost Control
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. May be some flexibility in hours is allowed.
Required/Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree; accounting major preferred
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in the real estate industry with a focus on commercial product types and development
- Strong Excel skills required
- Timberline/MRI experience strongly preferred (may convert from Sage300CRE/Timberline to MRI in the near future)
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting with a strong emphasis on analysis and reconciliation
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills, and problem-solving ability
- Strong work ethic
- Positive Attitude and a Team Player
- Exceptional software skills
- Works effectively in a team environment through collaboration and partnership
- Ability to meet and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactorily passing the pre-hire background screening and will also take into account the results of any reference checks, behavioral interview results, and/or pre-hire tests or profiles.
Harwood is committed to equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against Associates or applicants in any terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any legally-recognized basis (protected classes) included but not limited to: age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, national origin, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class under federal, state or local law. This non-discrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all Company facilities, participation in all Company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions, such as promotions, compensation, training, benefits and termination of employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, schedules, work hours, responsibilities and other work activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Harwood International is a family owned business with nearly 500 associates. The 18 block Harwood District includes eight acres of gardens, more than 6,000 parking spaces, and six office buildings - with additional luxury office, residential and hospitality space currently under development.
Work location: Dallas, TX