ACMH, a well-respected not-for-profit which promotes the wellness and recovery of persons with mental illness living in New York and is a leader in the provision of outreach and engagement, care management, rehabilitation, and supportive housing is seeking a Controller.
Function: The Controller will be responsible for providing consistent, accurate and quality accounting and analyses as required in monthly and quarterly closings, forecasting/budgeting, and internal reporting. Analyzing moderately complex information to ensure financial reports have a high degree of integrity.
- Oversees all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
· Oversees banking and bank reconciliations
· Maintains internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures
· Oversees all financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants
· Coordinates all audit activity
· Prepares financial statements and customized reports for senior management, including cash flow & profit and loss, etc.
· Prepares claims for payment in accordance with City, State, and federal contract guidelines
· Prepares Consolidated Fiscal Report (CFR) and supporting schedules
· Oversees the maintenance of client accounts, client service dollars, and petty cash accounts for all programs
· Duties as assigned
Qualifications: Master’s degree in accounting or finance or Bachelor’s degree with significant experience. Not for profit, health care, managed care, LIHTC finance experience preferred. C.P.A. preferred. Knowledge of FundEz accounting software and OMH CFR software preferred.
ACMH, Inc., promotes the wellness and recovery of persons with mental illness living in New York City and is a leader in the provision of outreach and engagement, care management, rehabilitation, and supportive housing.
For more information, visit our website: www.acmhnyc.org
Work location: New York, NY