About the Opportunity
A premier professional services firm located in Manhattan is actively seeking an experienced and analytical accounting professional to join their staff as their new Assistant Controller. As an integral member of the Finance Team, the Assistant Controller will take ownership of the full accounting cycle, ensuring application of sound accounting principals/practices. Apply today!
Professional Services Firm
The Assistant Controller will:
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements and supporting financial information
- Prepare as well as review daily journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare and analyze monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and management reports accurately and in a timely manner
- Record and maintain fixed asset purchases and applicable depreciation and amortization schedules
- Record and maintain monthly accrued expense schedules
- Prepare variance analysis to budget and forecast for all departments across the firm
- Support in the compilation of annual budget information as well as ongoing reforecasting of revenues and expenses
- Oversee the employee expense report processing and reimbursement process
- Assist in meeting Tax Compliance including, Annual Corporate Tax Filings
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong GAAP knowledge and financial statement preparation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and strong database skills
- Excellent project management skills encompassing planning and organizing, managing scope and schedule, and time management
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under deadlines
- Strong research and analytical skills
- CPA with a mix of public/private accounting experience
- Experience with QuickBooks and Concur
The Execu|Search Group was founded in 1985 as a recruitment firm focused on serving accounting firms, boutique hedge funds, and private equity funds. Over time, our firm has evolved into a full-service recruitment, temporary staffing, and workforce management solutions firm that has helped over 26,000 companies find talent, while connecting over 60,000 people with new jobs.
Headquartered in New York City with 9 additional offices in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Florida, The Execu|Search Group has become one of the largest privately owned recruitment firms. Amidst our continued growth, we remain dedicated to the mission our firm was founded upon: to provide leading employers with the highest caliber talent while maintaining our commitment to integrity, honesty, and responsiveness.
Today, we serve the following practice areas: Accounting/Finance, Creative & Digital, Engineering, Financial Services, Health Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal Services, Life Sciences, Nonprofit, and Office Support.
To view jobs in your area, check out the links below:
New York, NY: http://www.execu-search.com/nyc-jobs-recruiters
Long Island, NY: http://www.execu-search.com/long-island-jobs-recruiters
Bridgewater, NJ: http://www.execu-search.com/bridgewater-jobs-recruiters
Parsippany, NJ: http://www.execu-search.com/parsippany-jobs-recruiters
Boston, MA: http://www.execu-search.com/boston-jobs-recruiters
Work location: New York, NY