As an employee at the American Red Cross, you could be on the front lines making a positive impact on our community. You could provide your services directly to the American public or support to the people who do. Both roles help further the mission of the Red Cross. Join our non-profit organization, where your heart and mind go to work!
We are currently seeking a Executive Coordinator (Part Time) to work in our Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania Chapter. This position will work 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday, and some weekends and evenings may be required to support the needs of the business.
Coordinates the office activities and provides advanced administrative support activities of one or more executives as related to communications, calendar management, graphical presentations, meetings and project support.
1. Answers and screens calls and other inquiries, responding to direct requests for information or delegates to appropriate staff.
2. Manages frequently changing calendars, schedules and coordinates meetings.
3. Attends Board meetings, taking notes and creating action items.
4. Creates presentations, spreadsheets, correspondence and other vaious document/reports as directed.
5. Provides meeting and events agendas/support including logistics: communication, location, meals, equipment, materials, RSVPs, and travel.
6. Organizes and secures highly confidential Chapter and employee information and reports.
7. Coordinates travel arrangements and assembles/submits expense reports.
8. May assist in monitoring budget.
9. Represents executive office with discretion and in a professional manner. Handles confidential information.
10. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross Staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone. It is expected that each member of the regional management team to work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function.
11. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
Education: High School or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of administrative experience. Experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and able to work independently.
Management Experience: N/A
Skills and Abilities: Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated executive-level administrative skills. Ability to determine priorities/organize tasks while working with parallel projects/multiple deadlines. Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex schedules, seminars and conferences. Ability to negotiate events, services, meeting facilities, catering and other amenities.
Other: Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Travel: May involve work in the field.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential including sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions:Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity that you've been waiting for, please apply at: Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
Work location: Stroudsburg, PA