We are a wholesale maintenance supply company serving the apartment Industry looking for enthusiastic, energetic and detail minded applicants to work as drivers for our warehouse. Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to routing, loading and delivering multiple stops per day on multiple runs per day.
· Efficiently and accurately route, load and safely deliver to company standards.
· Use of hand held signature capture device for each delivery.
· This position requires lifting or sliding items up to 100 lbs. and moving heavier items with the use of mechanical equipment as well as continuous physical exertion including bending, stooping, climbing and walking.
· Proficiency with forklift and/or order picking equipment is a plus, however, we will provide training if necessary in order to operate this machinery.
· Must be able to work in seasonal hot/humid environment with temperatures exceeding 1000F at times OR in our cooler climate locations temperatures close to freezing.
· Must be willing to support the other areas of the warehouse such as pulling, checking or stocking when free time permits.
· Must abide by the dress code for the position and must keep the provided uniform clean and presentable.
· Strong interpersonal skills are a must as we promote teamwork at all levels to be efficient and successful at providing the high level of customer service we are known for.
· Perform routine inspection of delivery vehicle to ensure road worthiness and safety.
· Strong organizational skills.
· General computer skills.
· Candidate must have a clean driving record.
· CDL not required however must be able to meet DOT requirements including medical certification.
· Current valid DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate is a plus.
· Excellent oral communication skills are a must.
· Driver candidates must have a professional appearance and present themselves in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
· Past experience operating vehicle with a GVW ranging from 14,500 lbs. to 26,000 lbs. is a plus.
· Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
· Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· We require a pre-employment drug test and background check for all positions who routinely interact with customers.
· Competitive compensation with bonus potential.
Expansive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, Life insurance and 401(k) plan
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. In addition, duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are a wholesale maintenance supply company serving the apartment Industry.
Work location: Columbus, OH