MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus' network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Purpose of Position:
With wide latitude for individual initiative and decision making, the Director of Member Retention is responsible for providing leadership in improving the experience of MetroPlus members with the plan. A successful strategy will result in an increasing retention rate and greater continuous enrollment of individuals with MetroPlus.
- Ongoing review of strategies to improve the customer experience for all MetroPlus members including the retention of members and development of a continuous improvement model of testing new ideas and implementing those that succeed with the goal of improving retention rates for members of the plan.
- Overall management of the day to day operation of the retention departments.
- Development of strategies to work across MetroPlus to improve the experience of MetroPlus members. Work will include leading efforts with IT, customer services, communications and marketing departments to improve the telephone, on line and mail interactions with members. Implement digital strategies to better engage members.
- Manage MetroPlus education and rewards program to ensure the program incentivizes good health outcomes for its members and improves loyalty to MetroPlus of its members.
- Liaison with staff at provider locations to assure optimal access to members and adequate systems and support for onsite staff in the retention department.
- Assuring that retention staff is adequately trained.
- Working with outside agencies (i.e., HRA, SDOH, Maximus, etc.) to resolve issues as they arise.
- Assuring regulatory changes are implemented in a timely fashion.
- Assuring that all regulatory time frames are met.
- Working with MIS to improve systems as necessary or to develop specifications for customized software applications.
- Maintaining departmental policies and procedures.
- Overseeing quality improvement within the Department.
- Other responsibilities as directed.
- A Master's Degree in Art or Science with a specialization in Hospital Administration, Health Care Administration, Administrative Medicine or in Public Health when conferred for a program in hospital administration from an approved college or university; and
- Five (5) years of administrative experience and background at responsible management and administrative levels; or
- Equivalent combination of training, education and experience in related fields an educational disciplines; and
- Knowledge of fundamentals of health care facility organization, administration and standards, regulations and laws applicable to health care facility operations; knowledge of principals of business and human resources administration, management functions, and support services, and ability to direct and supervise personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal and managerial skills required
- Also requires strong written communication, utilization of technology andanalytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of managed care, Medicaid, Family Health Plus, Child Health Plus and Medicare a plus.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
MetroPlus Health Plan
Human Resources Department
160 Water Street 4th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Attn: Recruitment Unit
This is position is classified as a managerial title, in addition to a variety options for Health Benefits through MetroPlus, managerial employees receive vision, dental, gym reimbursement and life insurance benefits through the Management Benefits fund of the City of New York. Please view the benefits page for more detailed information.
MetroPlus provides access to health care services to New York City residents in Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Manhattan through New York State's Medicaid Managed Care, Child Health Plus, Family Health Plus and Partnership in Care, an HIV Special Needs Program through its network of participating providers
Work location: New York, NY