We are looking for a technical lead contributor with 15+ years of Java object oriented software development experience in the area of health information technology research and product development. This role will work as part of a senior engineering team responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining Java middleware and SOA solutions for medical applications and enterprise-ready clinical decision support systems.
- Supervise the technical aspects of the Product Team depending on experience and demonstrated capability in both commercial product development and R&D.
- Apply best practice development methodologies to the architecture, design, implementation and testing of standards-based knowledge management artifacts and services.
- Participate in collaborative meetings with Cognitive’s Research and Development Team to coordinate both short and long term activities between the two groups.
- Responsible for independently researching, analyzing, architecting and implementing best-practice engineering methodologies and processes for our commercial products.
- Some travel to academic and professional conferences may be required.
- Ability to work in both a production engineering capacity and in an R&D environment
- Extensive and current development experience using the core Java programming language and J2EE
- Thorough understanding of design patterns and ability to apply them in the appropriate context
- Demonstrable expertise and knowledge of:
- SOA, ESBs and Cloud architecture concepts XML and XML-related technologies (e.g. xPath, Saxon, JAXB, etc…)
- Unit testing frameworks including JUnit, EasyMock, Mockito
- Red Hat process and rules engineering platforms including as jBoss, jBPM and Drools
- HL7 V2 / V3 Reference Information Models
- HL7 FHIR and STU3 resources
- HL7 Knowledge Artifact Specification
- Hl7 Security Labeling Service and Privacy, Access and Security Services (PASS)
- Hl7 Decision Support Service
- Hl7 Clinical Terminology Service (CTS2)
- Experience in Scrum development methodology
- Experience building software using tools such as Jenkins, Gerrit, Maven etc…
- Experience using Eclipse or Netbeans
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Cognitive provides a casual, fun, value-driven environment where you can grow your career and participate in driving new paradigms of healthcare delivery. We offer a ton of perks and benefits to help you get the most out of a happy work-life balance.
Our Benefits Include:
Full medical and dental benefits
401K and retirement options
Professional development reimbursement
Flexible work schedule
Happy hours, art classes and other fun team building events
Waffle Wednesdays and free lunches
Work location: San Diego, CA