Chief Technology Officer / VP of Engineering
- Pay Rate: $250K+
- Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
- Job Location: San Diego, CA
We are seeking a heavily seasoned, innovative, digital expert who has a proven track record in launching complex platforms and mobile applications. As the CDO/CDIO, you will be responsible for growing the product team, mapping strategic goals for our platform and mobile applications, and lead the company towards future forward initiatives with successful execution.
Our client is an established company but still very much in start-up mode. Their ideal candidate should still be very hands on and will to jump into code whenever needed. Someone who has successfully guided a company from start-up through large scale launch would excel in this role.
WHAT YOU W ILL DO:
- Oversee all levels the company’s production development and ensure all deployment goals are executed accurately, on time and on budget.
- Strategically plan all future initiative with the Executive team to ensure that all business goals are properly aligned with the development of the product.
- Responsible for project management, project scoping, resource allocation, and budgeting.
- Utilize effective leadership practices to attract, develop, and retain technology talent at all level of the organization.
- The ability to understand customer data and be able to translate feedback and insight, which will convert into business goals and objectives.
- Provide thought leadership within the company; research and evaluate cutting-edge practices and enabling technologies for internal adoption.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to ensure quality output is executed.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- BS in related field and at least 15 years of experience in Technology and at least 10 years of management and strategic experience.
- Proven leadership
- Experience and past success developing and deploying solutions using Agile, DevOps, and Data methodologies.
- Exceptional project management skills, budget planning, financial management and resource management; including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of diverse scopes.
- Experience in e-commerce, online marketing, SEO and social media.
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written), inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
Work location: San Diego, CA