American Cruise Lines is looking for enthusiastic housekeepers to work remotely aboard its fleet of ships in the United States. We operate the newest cruise ships on rivers around the country and are always hiring happy, energetic people to join us. Most service member candidates are looking to begin a career in hospitality or are simply taking a semester off from college to save money!
This is a unique semester-long (16 weeks) position to gain experience in the hospitality industry aboard a cruise ship.
Save Money – Pay ranges from $700 to $900 per week.
Few Expenses – While on the cruise ship, your accommodations and meals are all provided for you. It’s a dormitory-style environment most people are comfortable with from college.
- Travel - We visit 28 states on our different cruises. While working with us, you will visit a number of unique towns and cities you may never have thought you would see.
Hospitality Experience – This is an excellent beginning to a career in the hospitality industry and a way to build your resume with experience in food service, housekeeping, and interpersonal skills.
Upward Mobility – Successful stewards may apply for full time roles in either shipboard management or corporate positions. We have room to grow for qualified and successful candidates.
- General housekeeping duties (making beds, cleaning bathrooms)Laundry
- Cleanliness of passenger cabins and public areas
- Other ship hotel tasks and restaurant tasks
- Shipboard Laundry
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Hard work – everyone in our organization works hard to keep guests happy. For Hotel Service Members (Stewards), that means servicing staterooms and responding to all requests with courtesy.
- Long hours – While on the ship, you live where you work. That means you have responsibilities every day, even early in the morning and late at night.
- Commitment to Excellence – Everything we do is for the safety, comfort and enjoyment of our guests. Every request should be handled with precision and care
If this unique travel experience is of interest, just make sure you will comply with each of these criteria and we would love to hear from you:
You are at least 18 years old and have graduated from high school.
You are an American citizen or legally permitted to work in the United States.
The 12-7-16 Rule. You have to be willing to work at least 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 16 consecutive weeks.
The US Coast Guard requires a pre-employment drug test that includes tests for marijuana. We are also an alcohol free company.
You can meet moderate physical demands, including lifting, bending, climbing, and long periods of standing or walking.
Calm under pressure – and positive attitude.
All successful candidates Must be well groomed with neat appearance and not have any major arm, hand or neck tattoos.
Cruise To Work - Exciting Careers with American Cruise Lines from American Cruise Lines on Vimeo.
Work location: Seattle, WA