Parkshore, a Transforming Age community, is a lakefront retirement community located in Seattle's picturesque Madison park neighborhood. We emphasize serving others, team work, dedication to hospitality and customer service, vigorous innovation and integrity in everything we do.
We are seeking a full-time housekeeper to join our team. The schedule is Wednesday thru Sunday, day shift from 6:30am to 3pm.
Parkshore provides an impressive benefits package for our team members including comprehensive medical, dental, generous paid time off and other outstanding programs.
Educational scholarships available! We encourage continuing education and promote internal advancement opportunities.
The position is responsible for the overall cleanliness of the apartments and facility to the satisfaction of residents and administration. Performs housekeeping and sanitation duties in Health Center and other areas in the facility as assigned.
- Accepts housekeeping assignments made by the supervisor for work in resident apartments and around the building.
- Cleans bathrooms, fixtures, and floors; cleans kitchens, fixtures, appliances, floors, and refrigerators - defrosts refrigerators as necessary. Cleans and vacuums carpets and floors; performs spot cleaning as necessary. Cleans counter tops, table tops, and dusts.
Cleans public/common areas as assigned.
- Assists in laundry area if assigned.
- Keeps housekeeping closet and cart neat, clean, and filled with supplies. Keeps cleaning solution bottles properly filled and labeled.
- Informs supervisor of needed supplies/ materials/equipment repairs.
- Cleans and maintains equipment; and returns to proper place at the end of each shift. Reports any needed repairs.
- Reports all resident’s special instructions and requests to supervisor and responds appropriately.
- Responds to emergencies. Reports any safety hazards observed in the building to supervisor immediately.
- Observes all policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience / Knowledge / Specialized Training Required:
- Must be at least 18 years of age with some ability to read, write, and speak English effectively.
- Must be able to follow spoken instruction/directions, with some previous employment desirable.
- Must relate well with senior residents and work successfully with other employees and departments.
- Must have a high degree of personal hygiene.
- Flexibility in work hours and overtime necessary.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
We are a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon contingent offer of employment.
Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age!
Work location: Seattle, WA