Caraustar Industries, Inc., an industry leader in paperboard products, seeks a Maintenance Technician to join our thriving team in Charlotte, NC. This position requires a candidate that has experience trouble-shooting issues with electrical equipment, the ability to fix equipment and can effectively work in a fast-paced environment.
We maintain a stellar reputation in the industry and are enjoying rapid growth. This is the right role to invest your talents as you will have ample opportunity to learn new skills and advance to new opportunities.
To the Maintenance Technician, we offer:
- Full-time position with overtime based upon need
- Medical, prescription and dental benefits with employee contribution
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation time
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
Caraustar Industries, Inc. is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We aim to be a socially responsible corporation, and remain committed to environmentally sound practices while providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products. Caraustar serves the four principal recycled boxboard product end-use markets: tubes and cores; folding cartons; gypsum facing paper and specialty paperboard products. For more about us, please visit our website at www.caraustar.com.Responsibilities Include:
- Keep up with all changes in Electrical Codes to provide a safe working environment within the facility.
- Perform electrical trouble-shooting and perform all mechanical work on equipment.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance on all equipment, which include: Offset printing press, digital press, die cutter and gluers.
- Repair or replace defective components/parts and return equipment to service.
- Re-assemble and test machinery/equipment ensuring operations meet production and safety specifications
- Work safely and in accordance with quality standards. Actively participate in plant improvement projects.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have special training in electrical trouble-shooting on A.C. - D.C. and electronic controls and circuits. Must know and understand the national, state and local Electrical Codes.
- Must know all industrial wiring procedures.
- Able to analyze, diagnose and correct root causes to equipment/machinery malfunctions.
- Must be able to read, understand and trace electrical schematics.
- Have a working knowledge of shop equipment.
Work location: Charlotte, NC