About the Role
The Customer Success Manager takes an active role in managing operator expectations and setting each of CAKE’s restaurant operators up for success. S/he spends a mixture of time in the office and in the field working directly with CAKE’s operators. The Customer Success Manager works to build long term relationships with restaurant operators and Sysco partners by making proactive calls and visits, and also works to represent operators’ needs to the rest of the business. S/he handles high-level escalations from pre-sale, onboarding, and support. S/he works with cross-departmental management to identify areas of improvement resulting in more positive experiences for our operators. The CSM also works to promote adoption of additional products and services to existing operators including core products and 3rd party integrated products in an effort to enhance the relationship and retention.
- Identify strategic and key high profile and high value operators
- Proactively visit and contact restaurant operators to educate and evangelize CAKE products and services and drive participation.
- Conduct reviews, seminars and webinars and gather and present operator feedback to marketing, sales, product, and operations teams
- Represent the needs of operators individually and collectively in planning and functional issues
- Work closely with Restaurant Initialization and Support teams to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution of issues affecting live and potentially onboarding operators.
- Manage the CAR process to ensure timely resolution to operator needs/issues and handle and communicate all post mortem learning.
- Manage operator retention in assigned market.
- Travel to client sites and regional offices as required.
The Customer Success Manager will have a demonstrated bias toward superior operator service. S/he will have directly-related restaurant management or ownership experience and will understand completely the challenges and rewards found in hospitality management.
- Strong problem solving and deductive reasoning skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and manage individual schedule
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% and incur travel-related expenses for reimbursement
Bonus Points For...
The Customer Success Manager will ideally have several years of account management experience or sales experience in a technology or software industry.
- 3+ years experience in hospitality management
- 3+ years account management experience for a technology product
- Strong knowledge of Point-of-Sale (POS) systems or other hospitality/retail technology
- Familiarity with CRM software such as Salesforce.
- Previous employment experience in start-up company
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
CAKE is one of North America's leading technology startups. We are a fast-moving young technology company located in the heart of Silicon Valley. We have enjoyed sustained annual revenue growth since inception and investment by Sysco, one of America's most respected Fortune 500 companies. We offer a fun office environment with exclusive benefits such as a nutrition counter, beer on tap, competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits package.
At CAKE, we believe in innovation. CAKE's Restaurant Operating System uses the latest technology to help better run QSR and full service restaurants and allow them to connect with mobile customers. Each product and app is tailored to help boost sales, save money and increase control.
Work location: Houston, TX