The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai’s affiliation with Elmhurst Hospital center, which serves the culturally diverse community of Western Queens is seeking a full-time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to perform diagnostic and therapeutic tasks and render psychiatric services to provide comprehensive patient care within their scope of practice. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team working with a diverse patient population.
Responsibilities will include:
· Performing comprehensive psychiatric evaluations for adult patients to include mental status exam and formulated diagnosis
· Ordering appropriate laboratory studies
· Prescribing medications as allowed by New York law
· Formulating a plan of care within the context of nurse practitioner guidelines or after consultation the collaborative or attending psychiatrist
· Providing other psychiatric services to include individual and family therapy as appropriate in the CPEP setting
· Recording and documenting data necessary to maintain/coordinate psychiatric care
· Communicating patient’s plan of care with appropriate disciplines
· Practicing in accordance with the standards of professional behavior and patient centered care set by Elmhurst Hospital.
Successful candidate will have completed a Master’s Nurse Practitioner program in Psychiatry and Mental Health and have prior experience in a related field. New York State Nurse Practitioner Registration and License required. Ability to have a flexible schedule working 150 hours over two week periods including a minimum of one weekend day per week will be expected. Board certification preferred.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the scope of this position, along with the opportunity to be part of a world class organization. For immediate consideration, please apply online and reference job number 160000M7 at www.careers.mountsinai.org.
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai - An EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai also including affiliations with H + H at Elmhurst Hospital Center & Queens Hospital Center.
Work location: New York, NY