NCI: As the Project Manager, Application Development ( Project Manager V ) you will provide top-notch leadership and talented management to all aspects of a high-profile federal program for the Agile and Analytics Sector at NCI. This opportunity offers the chance to oversee an enterprise-wide effort that is fundamentally critical to the U.S. The program includes vital new development and enhancements, in addition to platform operations and maintenance. The PM will be responsible for the integration of all elements of the program, by applying best practices for quality assurance, configuration management, risk management, compliance with contract-specific measures, and on-time, thorough completion of staff assignments. The position requires a skilled PM with Scrum software development experience who is adept with both people and technologies. This position requires working closely with key government contract representatives, and effectively communicating any performance, cost/financial, schedule concerns, or any other issue that could adversely affect this essential program. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments .
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Oversee operations, maintenance, enhancements, and development of applications.
- Ensure consistent and quality delivery, within schedule and in compliance with contract-specific measures.
- Calculate, monitor, and provide summary of performance and status reports.
- Review schedules and milestones at a high level, discuss priorities, address problem areas, and plan short-term activities with the government representative.
- Perform detailed design, enhancement, and testing of release components, update necessary documentation according to client Enterprise Life Cycle (ELC) Planned Maintenance Path standards, and support deployment efforts.
- Ensure compliance with Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and project requirements, as well as client Security and Privacy policies.
- Keep current with legislative mandates and changing laws, regulations, policies, and procedures as they apply to the client.
- Ensure timely delivery of Maintenance Build Releases, and legislative changes and schedules already received by the client.
- Lead and manage large meetings and conference calls in an orderly and productive fashion.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to successfully pass a Federal Government Public Trust.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or associated discipline.
- 10 years of related work experience.
- 3 years of successful project management experience in an Agile-Scrum environment.
- Proven track record of IT project management, including leading distributed teams and large programs.
- Experience delivering software in a CMM level 3 or higher.
- Experience communicating status to technical & non-technical audiences, and succinctly summarizing status from multiple status tracking systems.
- Experience with creating, maintaining, and presenting reports for schedules and work analysis.
- Experience with strategic priorities, performance goals, and on-time delivery.
- Ability to identify, interpret, understand, and mitigate IT business and technology risks.
- Expertise in multitasking and managing concurrent topics and demands.
- Proven ability to build working relationships with project teams, peers, partners, senior management, and clients.
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer or associated discipline.
- Hands-on IT experience, including software programming, application development, and system integration.
- EVMS experience in an Agile software Development environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government agencies. The company has the expertise and proven track record to solve its customers most important and complex mission challenges through technology and innovation. NCI's team of highly skilled professionals focuses on delivering cost-effective solutions and services in the areas of agile development and integration; cybersecurity and information assurance; engineering and logistics; big data and data analytics; IT infrastructure optimization and service management; and health and program integrity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, NCI has approximately 2,000 employees operating at more than 100 locations worldwide.
Work location: Washington, DC