We are seeking a Project Manager to join our team in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will have a strong consulting experience. The Project Manager will manage project risks, issues, escalated action items, watch lists, and project inter-dependencies leveraging existing PMO protocol and adhering to enterprise project governance process framework and quality control checkpoints. This person will be responsible for developing solution strategies and making recommendations to senior level agency management.
MUST HAVE GSE EXPERIENCE!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Consult and provide recommendations to senior level resources on knowledge, document, and records management topics. This resource will be responsible to for developing solutions, strategies, and managing the full scope of solutions implementation.
· Manage 2 high visibility projects at a time including, but not limited to, project management, communication management support, issues tracking, risk identification and response, change management, and knowledge sharing.
· Identify opportunities for strategic improvement.
· Create and deliver knowledge sharing and awareness communications as needed.
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is required
· Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
· Should have at least 8 to 10 years of experience interfacing with clients at the senior management level and have proven experience managing client expectations & relationships.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in consulting and/or the financial services industry.
· Must have a minimum of 2 years of project management and staff supervision experience.
· Must have proven experience with conflict resolution and demonstrated strengths in organizational skills required in selecting, motivating, and developing project staff.
· Mortgage industry experience is strongly preferred; GSE experience is a plus (Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac).
· Enthusiastic, proactive, positive attitude with good listening skills and high integrity
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent analytical skills
· Ability to confidently make recommendations to senior level agency management* Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity.
· Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action, giving regard to the impact on both the client and company
· Ability to adjust work/management style to different situations
· Ability to work under pressure (at times) and to be flexible under changing priorities
· Ability to identify innovative ways to solve problems
· Strong with MS Word, Excel, Project, & Visio
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
· PMP preferred
· Six Sigma preferred
· Solid ability to interface, inspire and motivate at various levels of the organization.
· Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals.
· Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Excellent presentation and client facing skill a must.
· Must be able to communicate confidently to executive level management.
· Willing to travel occasionally as needed (up to 10%)
Environmental Requirements :
· Mainly sedentary; in an office environment
· May be required to lift up to ten (10) pounds
· Flexible in working extended hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Unissant management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Unissant, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/D/V)
Unissant, Inc. is an innovative solutions development and consulting company committed to delivering simplicity through innovation. We meet this commitment by delivering state-of-the-art enterprise computing and processing solutions to both government and commercial clients. Our workforce continually strives to advance y(our) collective intellect through collaborative fortitude, and we are looking for further talent to join that effort! To learn more about our exciting organization, please visit us at www.unissant.com
Work location: Washington, DC