At Team Select, we believe the amount of effort it takes to do things the right way, can only be justified by putting an equal amount of effort into having fun! Our leadership in the healthcare industry starts with our culture. Having been recognized as a 2014 "Home Care Elite Agency" as well as being awarded the #3 Best Place to Work proves that our focus on our people truly differentiates us. We encourage you to inquire about a position, and learn for yourself how rewarding work can be!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Healthiest You! (Tele-Doc Program)
- Electronic Charting (No Paper Documentation!)
- Weekly Pay (Direct Deposit).
- Discounts for cell phones to amusement parks!
Team Select Home Care is seeking Registered Nurses to join our Team Select Family. We look for nurses who portray: A strong clinical background, great communication skills, a positive attitude, and a willingness to provide the best possible skilled nursing in a home health setting.
Cases require experience with: Trach's, feeding tubes, vents, and pediatrics. Shift work ranging from 8 hours to 12 hour shifts (needed immediately). We are looking for LPN's for pediatric and adult clients in a private duty nursing setting, as cases require around the clock skilled nursing, nurses will have the luxury to pick up as many or as little hours as preferred.
- Provides services in accordance with the plan of care.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the patient's nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions.
- Furnishes those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skill.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and summaries of care conferences on patients in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
- Coordinates services.
- Informs physician and other personnel of changes in the patient's condition and needs.
- Counsels the patient and family/significant others in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Participates in in-service programs, supervising and teaching other nursing personnel.
- Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures.
- Processes orders and notifies physician of patient needs and changes in condition. Completes certification/recertification orders and discharge summaries.
- Determines the amount and type of nursing needed by each individual patient.
- Refers to Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Medical Social Worker those patients requiring their specialized skills.
- Supervises the LPN/LVN every 30-days and supervises the HHA/CNA every 14-days (or per regulatory requirements) and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Conducts patient care conferences on patients assigned to his/her care.
- Participates in peer review and quality management as assigned.
- Participates in utilization review of medical records as assigned.
- Gives total patient care as needed.
- Takes on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as assigned.
- Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments, and transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change in condition in accordance with Agency defined time frames.
- Appropriately utilizes ICD-9 diagnoses and codes.
- Appropriately utilizes ICD-9 diagnoses and codes.
- Observes confidentiality, safeguards all patient related information.
- Attends staff meetings and patient care conferences as scheduled.
- Completes documentation and paperwork in a timely manner per Agency policy.
- Immediately reports to Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor any patient incidents/variances or complaints.
- Demonstrates competent performance of technical skills according to established procedures.
- Understands and adheres to established policies/procedures.
- Adheres to Agency standards and consistently interprets and accurately performs all assigned responsibilities.
- Maintains acceptable attendance status, per Agency policy.
- Reports all incomplete work assignments to Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor.
- Appearance is always within Agency standard; is clean and well groomed.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills through daily documentation and infrequent overtime for routine assignments.
- Maintains clean and neat work environment.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, critical thinking and decision making.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- One (1) year nursing experience, preferred.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
Team Select Home Care reserves the right to change the above job description and qualifications without notice.
Visit our website at www.TSHC.com!
Team Select Home Care will not discriminate against the candidate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual preference, disability, political belief, veteran status, age or any other status protected by law.
Team Select Home Care is an employment-at-will employer.
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Share on your newsfeed
At Team Select, we believe the amount of effort it takes to do things the right way, can only be justified by putting an equal amount of effort into having fun! Our leadership in the healthcare industry starts with our culture. Having been recognized as a 2016 Home Care Elite Agency as well as being awarded the #2 Best Place to Work in Phoenix proves that our focus on our people truly differentiates us. We encourage you to inquire about a position, and learn for yourself how rewarding work can be!!!
Work location: St Louis, MO