Originally built in 1927, the historic school has been transformed into a modern environment that boasts the largest garden patio in Dallas and is consistently voted as “Best Patio in Dallas” by D Magazine and “Best Outdoor Dining” by OpenTable. The restaurant’s refined yet casual atmosphere and extensive menu has made it a favorite among patrons.
It is open Monday through Friday for lunch, every day for dinner and drinks, and brunch on Saturday and Sunday. The first level of the two-story red brick building is Saint Ann Restaurant & Bar and the second level is The Ann and Gabriel Barbier-Mueller Museum: The Samurai Collection.
Harwood Hospitality is growing and adding new restaurant concepts within the Harwood District, located in Uptown Dallas. We are currently looking for Restaurant Managers to join our expanding operation to grow our team of restaurant professionals. This position is responsible for supporing the FOH team to ensure operational efficiency and profitability of a Restaurant unit of HH Division. He/she manages his/her unit within the core values, policies and guidelines of the company to ensure customer total satisfaction and loyalty, associate engagement and profit maximization.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Supports the day to day operations of his/her unit during each shift, and ensures all FOH are duly followed and fully executed.
- Is visible, hands on, and ensures a strong personal presence in FOH (mainly during peak hours). Whenever needed, takes an active part in guest’s service duties (welcoming guests, escorting guests to tables, taking guest’s orders, clearing tables, etc.)
- Ensures his/her unit is adequately staffed with properly trained associates to cover day to day operations as well as on special occasions/events
- Ensures a spotless service is delivered to all guests anytime, and that their needs and expectations are fulfilled to the highest level and down to the smallest details.
- Ensures guests orderings are always properly executed and delivered in a timely manner
- Ensure restaurant is well maintained and that all equipments, materials and utensils are always in perfect working conditions. Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services. Reports any defect to GM
- Makes sure each and every guest is given a warm welcome and a fond farewell
- Makes sure service team memorizes guest’s names and uses guest’s names in every guest interaction.
- Meets and greets guests, builds strong guests relationships, constantly inquires about guest’s satisfaction,
- Makes sure his/her service team inquires ad memorizes guests preferences and birthday dates, and records these data in the guests database
- Empowers FOH team to resolve guest concerns in a timely manner to their full satisfaction. Resolves any guest issue that could be not be handled by his direct reports.
- Learns from defects and incidents and implement resolutions to ensure they do not happen again. Makes sure guests issues are recorded. Reports on guests issues to GM
Associate Engagement & Training
- Always manages/leads by example. Takes accountability for problems
- Assists with making schedules for staff
- Delegates and follows-up effectively
- Energizes and communicates HH Division mission statement and core values among his/her team
- Makes sure all his/her associates are perfectly groomed and always behave according to HH codes of practice, image and core values.
- Provides overall leadership; recognize and motivate members of the team; coach and train the team for operational excellence, with priority focus on upselling and service standards
- Assist with hiring staff that is engaging, professional and compliments our HH division core values
- Takes part in the orientation process of all his/her new associates
- Takes part in the annual performance assessment process of all his/her associates and in the setting of annual goals for his/her direct reports.
- Empowers staff and gives them room to develop their skills and grow their career
Presentation & Professionalism
- Is always neatly dressed and groomed, and always behaves and speaks according to HH Division and Harwood International standards of excellence and image
- Treats all associates - in public and in private - with respect and consideration,
- A minimum of 2 years in a supervisory/management level position for a full service restaurant operation
- A degree in restaurant/hospitality management preferred
Harwood International is a family owned business with nearly 500 associates. The 18 block Harwood District includes eight acres of gardens, more than 6,000 parking spaces, and six office buildings - with additional luxury office, residential and hospitality space currently under development.
Work location: Dallas, TX