Inside Sales Associate
The Sales Associate III position interfaces with customers via inbound calls, outbound calls, or through the Internet for the purpose of selling complex products and services. This position may use a consultative-sales approach for processing customer sales; providing/receiving information; up-selling and/or cross-selling client products as well as providing general customer service support.
This position offers competitive base pay along with incentive opportunity!
Hours: 8:00A-5:00P Mon-Fri
This is a full-time opportunity that is physically located on-site at our Appleton WI location.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
• Achieve specific sales targets and maximizing sale opportunities on each and every call
• Place and/or receive customer inquiries that may require deviation from a script or sales flow process
• Use consultative selling techniques by asking appropriate questions and matching the right product to the customer's needs; offer solutions based on properly assessed needs discovered through conversational open or closed-ended probing
• Maintain broad knowledge of products, pricing, promotions, and procedures
• Ensure service delivered to our customers meets contractual sales goals and other Key Performance Indicators (‘KPIs’)
• Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner using agreed upon procedures
• Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with the customer
• Clarify customer requirements; probe for understanding, use tools and resources to appropriately provide resolution to the customer
• Prepare complete and accurate work including appropriately notating accounts as required
• Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and sales performance
• Answer billing questions by talking through components of customer accounts
• High school diploma with a minimum of one year of sales experience preferred
• Strong sales techniques and product knowledge
• Courteous with strong customer service orientation
• Strong communication and negotiation skills required
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and work in a concise, clear and focused manner
• Skilled in multi-tasking; including the ability to be flexible and adapt to changes quickly
• Strong computer navigation skills and PC Knowledge
• Ability to learn and think conceptually
• Tolerance for repetitive work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
• Dependable with proficient attention to detail
• Demonstrate patience in all customer contact situations; including maintaining a pleasant and professional tone and manner
• Able to rotate shifts, as needed
• Based on location and/or program, additional experience/skills may be required
Job requirements may vary by country and will not contravene any local laws
Career Framework Role
Has program required advanced proficiency and program/product specific knowledge. Works with limited supervision within established procedures and practices (wide latitude for independent judgment). Demonstrates proficiency in client language, country and company culture, operating standards and procedures. Has program required advanced proficiency and program/product specific knowledge. Works with limited supervision within established procedures and practices (wide latitude for independent judgment). Demonstrates proficiency in client terminology, operating standards and procedures. Has demonstrated sustained performance by achieving 85% or greater scorecard attainment for a minimum of six months at the intermediate level.* Scorecard - this is different than MtM given that the MtM focuses on Client’s needs and may contain some debatable goals. Has demonstrated consistent attendance by coming into work for 90% of their originally scheduled hours during the same performance period. Does not have any outstanding disciplinary issues. Has mastery of all program call types (basic & complex), typically handling escalation queues. Demonstrates mastery of required behaviors/competencies. Client feedback if relevant must be favorable for progression to this level. Opportunity to progress here is dependent on business needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
USA, Appleton, WI
Who We Are
At Convergys, our mission is to set the standard in our industry through unparalleled care for our clients, customers & people.
For our clients, this means our 125,000 team members wake up every day united by a common goal: helping our clients maintain exceptional relationships with their customers.
For our people, this means a commitment to each other to accomplish great things, build careers, and have some fun along the way!
Build Your Career With Convergys
When you become part of our team, you join 125,000 talented people around the world who represent some of today’s leading brands. At Convergys, one of our values is to "Grow As a Team." It's in our DNA to prioritize teamwork and develop our people. By working together, we achieve great things for clients and create opportunities to build rewarding careers. You can be part of that when you join our team. And it's all at your fingertips!
Watch the video below to hear from some of our employees around the world as they talk about what it means to be part of the Convergys team.
Convergys has careers available in 31 countries at 150+ locations.
Establish your career with a company that has locations across the world. You can grow personally and professionally - and make a difference for customers and for the communities where we live and work.
Convergys is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.
Work location: Appleton, WI