To create sales opportunities through targeted enrollment activities to increase membership and build support for KP via retail sales, marketing and brand awareness activities. Manage existing member with the goal of improving retention, growth of membership, customer service. Engages non-members in a public setting to communicate our key messages, and value positions; building understanding and willingness to consider KP as a health plan of choice.
- Prospect and qualify new business leads provided by consumer interaction in a retail sales environment. Utilizing electronic contact management systems, national quoting engines and the state-based Exchange portals for California, identifies, follows up and triage leads, individual quotes to facilitate sales and attainment of production targets and margin. Direct prospective individuals to the right benefit and product mix through analysis of needs.
- Provide information back to Kaiser Permanente on market intelligence and trends. Attend industry and consumer events and promote the Kaiser Permanente perspective to the market.
- Assist in community development focused marketing and consumer engagement events to identify leads for nurturing.
- Assist existing Kaiser Permanente members with education, information, and member services.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in sales, marketing, customer service.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must have CA Accident and Health Insurance license within 30 days of hire.
- Must have valid state driver's license and a clean DMV record.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of consultative sales process.
- Ability to convey a sense of vitality, optimism and well-being.
- Ability to enthusiastically engage consumers, be optimistic, health minded and personify Kaiser Permanente's Brand emphasis on top-notch docs, excellent medical care, and making it easy to get what you need.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in health care insurance or membership sales, marketing, customer service or retail sales experience preferred.
- Associate's degree, vocational degree in business or bachelor's degree preferred.
- Basic knowledge of enrollment process and sales channels for Small Group/SHOP, Individual and Medicare members preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Insurance Marketplace preferred.
- A basic understanding of health care reform including the most significant provisions of the Affordable Care Act preferred.
- An understanding of the competitive landscape for health care and health insurance in California including carriers, plans/benefits and pricing preferred.
COMPANY Kaiser PermanenteTITLE Retail Sales Associate - Bilingual English/SpanishLOCATION Hayward, CAREQNUMBER 616869
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Work location: Hayward, CA