- Develop new accounts and maintain existing accounts for sales/brokerage of scrap material, to foundries, in the Indiana, Michigan, and/or Ohio territories.
- Work with foundries to determine their operating model and production specifications for ultimate customer service and increased sales volume and margin.
- Research options for scrap material (brokerage or internal scrap) for market to foundries.
- Identify and implement margin opportunities with accounts.
- Build relationships with dealers for brokerage material to foundries.
- Coordinate all aspects of a sale transaction (contract, transportation, credit).
- Resolve any material settlement.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous sales and foundry experience, preferred.
- Working knowledge of scrap, material identification, costs, operations, transportation, and foundry specifications.
- Ability to generate leads, qualify leads and close deals.
- Previous knowledge of scrap and chemistry specifications for foundries.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of customer employees.
- Ability to work in a cooperative team based atmosphere while independently servicing accounts.
- Flexible schedule, as travel is required 50-75%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field required.
OmniSource, LLC is one of North America's largest processors and distributors of scrap and secondary metals. We collect, process, resell, and trade a wide variety of ferrous and nonferrous scrap. Our more than 70 U.S. scrap collection and processing facilities, including 11 operating shredders, provide the capacity to process 7 million tons of ferrous scrap annually, and more than a billion pounds of nonferrous metals.
Work location: Fort Wayne, IN