Calling all relationship-builders and problem-solvers! Werner Enterprises has the career for you. We are expanding the brokerage aspect of our business to fill our shipper and carrier sales representative roles!
People in these roles obviously need to have strong communication skills and the ability to multitask, but there is more to it than that. We are looking for high energy, enthusiastic workers that are confident in their decision making. In the end, these positions are all about challenging yourself, as you will be responsible for:
- Identifying potential business opportunities
- Building new and current customer relationships
- Assessing customer needs
- Finding the right logistics solutions
Better yet, your earnings potential is driven by your performance- and it is limitless. It is quite simply really. The harder you work, the more you make. Right out of college and making six figures? That's not a bad place to be.
If you are looking to work hard, gain confidence and acquire new skills all while working for an award winning company, Werner Enterprises has got you covered. Join our team today!
Shipper Sales Representatives develop and maintain customer relationships by developing effective ways to transport customers’ freight. This role serves in a sales capacity and communicates with shippers and customers. Shipper Sales Representatives are responsible for building and maintaining customer relationships, assessing customer specific needs, negotiating rates, promoting and selling our services, and maintaining sales goals and objectives.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions:
- Sell and negotiate Werner Brokerage services, securing business to meet individual, team, and Company revenue / margin goals.
- Prospect and cultivate new sales leads to establish business.
- Provide quotes for current and prospective customers utilizing analytical and logistic planning.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective customers.
- Strong desire to learn and work in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Driven and competitive nature with strong problem solving abilities
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in using a Windows-based computer
- Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Sales, negotiation or communication experience preferred
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner's Value Added Services portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner's domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
Work location: Jacksonville, FL