We are seeking a hardware professional to join our organization as Systems Technician I. This individual will meet challenges in the hardware and operational environment. This individual should possess outstanding organization skills for prioritizing a heavy workload and exhibit strong attention to detail.
This position reports to the Operations Manager.
• 50% - System Builds
• 20% - Return Merchandise Authorization
• 20% - Work Area Organization
• 10% - Professional Development
• Build, upgrade, and configure server and computer hardware
• Diagnose and repair server and computer hardware
• Maintain a Monthly RMA Error Rate of 1% or Less
• Diagnose & Repair Assigned RMAs
• Troubleshoot both common and unusual hardware and software problems
• Pass quality assurance inspections per Company standards
• Complete necessary paperwork for all system builds
• Comply with Company standards for repository and image management
• Maintain a clean and orderly tech room
• Organize systems and parts
• Respond to staff inquiries regarding systems and parts
• Assist and train co-workers, as requested
• Complete assigned certifications
• Complete projects within designated timeframe, as requested
• Provide innovate operation ideas to management team
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience
• Minimum 1 year of computer hardware experience
• Minimum 1 year of hardware repair or refurbishing experience
• CompTIA A+ Certification
• General knowledge of Internet protocols
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent mathematical skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent deductive, reasoning, and problem solving skills
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Positive attitude
• Weekday Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 9am-6pm EST
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
• Must be able to stand for 3+ hour periods.
• Some odd hours may be required including nights and weekends.
• After-hours self-study and research may be required.
Aventis Systems, Inc. offers custom IT solutions to build and operate complete physical and virtual infrastructures. The comprehensive solutions include high-quality refurbished and new hardware, system and application software, and an array of in-depth managed services including infrastructure consultation, cloud hosting and migration, virtualization deployment, data and disaster recovery, security consultation, hardware relocation, and equipment buyback.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Aventis Systems fulfills technology requirements of IT professionals within various industries across the globe and serves U.S. government procurement professionals via their GSA Schedule 70 Contract. From partnering with consultants and managed service providers, to being the provider-of-choice for end-users from small to medium-sized businesses, educational, and nonprofit organizations, Aventis Systems goes above and beyond other value-added resellers because they "Get IT Done."
For more information on Aventis Systems, visit us at www.aventissystems.com.
Work location: Atlanta, GA